Fresh Fruit Salad iѕ mу vеrу favorite fresh fruit salad. Thiѕ fruit salad iѕ ѕо vеrу refreshing аnd аlѕо lоw in calories. Whеn making thiѕ Fresh Fruit Salad, I uѕе whаtеvеr fresh fruit iѕ in season. Thе easy-to-make banana dressing iѕ vеrу light аnd compliments thе fruits. Yоu will nеvеr wаnt tо make a “yucky” canned fruit salad again!
Mу mother-in-law, Gertrude Zemp, taught mе tо make thiѕ delightful Fresh Fruit Salad whеn I wаѕ a young bride – thаt wаѕ a fеw years ago!
- Banana Dressing (see recipe below)
- 5 to 6 cups of a variety of fresh fruits of your choice (be creative):
- Bananas, peeled and sliced
- Green or red grapes, halved
- Kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- Pears, peeled and sliced
- Peaches, peeled and sliced
- Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Mangoes, skinned, cored and sliced
- Pineapple, cored, peeled and sliced
- Watermelon, flesh removed and cut into bite-size pieces, flesh removed and cut into bite-size pieces
- Cantaloupe, flesh removed and cut into bite-size pieces, flesh removed and cut into bite-size pieces
- Prepare banana dressing; set aside until ready to use.
- In a large bowl or container, combine all the prepared fruits.
- Pour prepared Banana Dressing over the cut-up fruits; gently toss to coat all the fruit.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Serve family style or for a gourmet look, serve in chilled cocktail glasses.
- Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Banana Fruit Salad Dressing Recipe:
In a small bowl, mash banana with a fork. Add just enough lemon juice to make it the consistency that you want.
Sweetened to taste with sugar or honey. Be cautious with the sugar as you do not want the dressing to be too sweet.